The Chinese Room
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition review
2 GB available space
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition Review
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition is an app developed by The Chinese Room. Dear Esther: Landmark Edition was first published on . Dear Esther: Landmark Edition is accessible on Steam, Other.
'A deserted island... a lost man... memories of a fatal crash... a book written by a dying explorer.'
Dear Esther immerses you in a stunningly realised world, a remote and desolate island somewhere in the outer Hebrides. As you step forwards, a voice begins to read fragments of a letter: 'Dear Esther...' - and so begins a journey through one of the most original first-person games of recent years.
Abandoning traditional gameplay for a pure story-driven experience, Dear Esther fuses its beautiful environments with a breathtaking soundtrack to tell a powerful story of love, loss, guilt and redemption.
- Every play-through a unique experience, with randomly generated audio, visuals and events.
- Explore incredible environments that fully immerse you in the haunting island and its mysterious past.
- A poetic, semi-randomised story like you've never experienced in a game before.
- Stunning soundtrack composed by Jessica Curry, featuring world-class musicians.
- An uncompromisingly inventive game delivered to the highest AAA standards.
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition has been remade with the Unity engine, featuring a full audio remaster, and the addition of a brand-new Directors' Commentary mode, allowing players to explore the island and learn what inspired the game and how it was crafted by The Chinese Room and Rob Briscoe.